Here are some tips for you to get cheaper air
1. Shop in the Internet: This is the most convenient way
air tickets' price. You won't have to canvass travel
internet sites even offer internet only discounts that
you can benefit
from if you avail of their services.
2. When you do shop on the internet: Check first with
regarding prices, Internet prices aren't always cheap,
it's best to
ask a good old travel agent. It won't hurt to look at
news papers too,
as some airlines publish discounts on print. If you're
planning to buy
more than 6 months in advance, it's probably best to ask
guide as internet sites don't usually have schedules for
3. Don't travel During Peak season: Airlines tend to
prices during Peak travel season due to the increase in
Traveling during low season is also advantageous if you
want to avoid
airport and tourist spot crowds. If you really have to
peak season, consider leaving home early and going home
late to avoid
4. Never fly on weekends: If you're planning a trip,
plan to leave on
weekdays, preferable Monday to Wednesday. Weekends are
times, for travelers and would probably cost you an
5. How long to Stay: Yes your travel stay also affects
prices. Airlines give discounts if you stay at least a
week at your
destination and return within 90 days.
6. Use the senior citizen discount: Some Airlines offer
senior Citizen discount for the companions of the Senior
if it's available.
7. The Early Bird gets the Airline Ticket: Call Airlines
at 12:01 am
on Wednesday mornings. This is when airlines release all
the new fares
and seat plans. You can be first and choose the best and
tickets at this time.
8. Consider a Connecting Flight: Contrary to popular
flights aren't always the cheapest. Some people have
saved up to $1000
dollars on booking connecting instead of Direct flights.
If you don't
have a lot of luggage, and aren't very particular with
time, it is
best, and a lot cheaper to book a connecting flight
instead of direct.
9. Buy tickets 3-5 months before your departure date:
offer discounts for early buyers. It's also best to buy
at least 20 days in advance to ensure the best seating
discounted tickets sell out fast. You should also know
Tickets are subject to price increase, especially during
season, buying early avoids further ticket increase.